Blog entry by Alen Mosgt
Brother printer not printing? You’ve come to the right place. Today, in this blog, we will discuss the various causes that can cause your Brother printer to not print. Not only that, here you will find out all the troubleshooting steps you’ve been looking for to fix your Brother printer issues. You can also refer to this guide if your Brother printer is not printing black or color prints and then work on its fix by following the solutions for Brother printer won't print
Sometimes, you can face issues with printing when your Brother printer is not set to the correct port. To check and correct this, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings of your Windows PC and then go to Devices.
- Get into the Printer and Scanners option and then select Devices and Printers.
- Find and select the Brother Printer in which you are facing this error and then right-click on it.
- Click on the Properties option from the list and under the General section choose Change Properties.
- Now, click on Ports and select the port with your printer name.
- At last, to save all these changes hit apply.
Brother Printer Not Printing But Shows The Ready Status
Follow this solution if your Printer is in a ready state but not printing. The problem mostly happens when there are a lot of printing requests in the print queue.
- To check if there are some pending requests in the print queue, you just need to move your mouse’s cursor on the printer icon on your screen. There you will see the status of your Brother printer and find out if there are any print requests in the queue.
- If you see any documents in the queue, just right-click on it and click cancel. Do this to cancel all the pending requests.
- Also, check the status of your Printer. You Printer must be online to be able to print. If you see the Brother Printer Offline status, then you need to right-click on the printer icon and uncheck “Use Printer Offline”
Reinstall Your Brother Printer To Make It Work Fine
In case you can’t fix your Brother Printer and bring it in a working condition after trying all the above solutions, then the last option left is to reinstall the printer on your Windows. You can take the help of the steps below to reinstall your Brother printer.
Start With Removing Printer From Your Device
- Hit the Start icon on the left corner of your computer screen.
- Search for the Control Panel and then open it.
- Select Device and go to Printer & Scanners option.
- Now click on the Brother printer you want to remove.
- Select Remove Device to finish the task.
Let’s Install It Once Again
- Click on the Start icon from your screen and select the gear icon of Settings.
- Select Devices, then Printers and Scanners.
- Click on the “Add a Printer or Scanner” option under the Printers and Scanners section.
- Wait as your device is searching for the nearby printer and then when your Brother printer shows up in the list, click on it.
- Select Add Device and you are all set.
Brother Printer Won’t Print Black
If your Brother Printer is not printing black, then there can be many causes behind it. To work on the issue, you should first find the exact cause of the problem. Given below are some of the common reasons that can cause your printer to not print black.
Causes Of Brother Printer Not Printing Black
- You are using low-quality ink cartridges instead of Brother Ink Cartridge
- The cartridges are not installed properly.
- You have installed a new cartridge but forget to remove the tape from it.
- You don’t use your printer often
Solution For Brother Printer Won’t Print Black Issue
- Use High-Quality Branded Cartridges To Avoid Printing Issues: if you’ll use low-quality generic cartridges then there are chances it will stop working after a while. You should ensure that the cartridges are branded and use the chemical formula that doesn’t clog the print nozzle. We recommend you to use the Brother Printer cartridge to avoid any issues.
- Place Your Printer Machine In a Normal Room Temperature and Away From Warm Places: you can experience issues with printing if your Brother printer is placed in a warm position like where there is direct sunlight etc. there are good chances of ink congealing inside the printhead when it is placed in a warm place.
- Not using a Printer often also causes its print nozzles to block or dry out. So, you must use the printer on a regular basis to avoid any such issues.
After ensuring all the above steps, you will get your Brother Printer to print in black colorBrother Printer In Error State Windows 10
Brother printers are the first choice when it comes to enjoying the hassle-free and smooth printing experience. With millions of trusted users and highly advanced features, brother printers always fulfill all the needs and requirements of users. But like any other printer, users have to face some common as well as complex issues while working on the printers. One of the most common and annoying situations is when you need to print urgent documents and your brother printer shows you that your Brother Printer in Error State. There are numerous factors associated with which users get the errors but you don’t need to worry as these issues can easily resolve by following some troubleshooting steps.
We all wanted to have the best user experience when it comes to printing and brother printers always offer HD printing quality, hassle-free connectivity, and user-friendly advanced features. Brother Printer in Error State can be more complicated when you don’t know how to resolve them. So don’t get stressed if you don’t know how to troubleshoot or connect with the brother printer technicians reach to our helpdesk and we make sure that you don’t have to trouble yourself anymore with the Brother Printer in Error State issues.How To Resolve Brother Printer In Error State In A More Convenient Manner!
Reconnect Brother Printer To Network – When the brother printer is not connected to stable network connection then users need to face lots of issues while giving commands for printing and most common of them is Brother Printer in Error State. To resolve these users can follow below-listed steps:
- In case the printer is connected to a USB cable then users need to make sure that all the ports are connected properly and there is no loose port.
- If the printer is connected through a wireless router then uses need to disconnect all the devices and restart them again for better connectivity. Users can also reset it by using the WPS connection method.
- Now users need to restart the brother printer again to check whether Brother Printer in Error State issues is resolved or not.
Check Hardware To Resolve Brother Printer In Error State – Before starting any troubleshooting steps users need to make sure that printer hardware doesn’t have any glitch and the printer is connected to the working port as well as both the devices sharing the same stable connection.
Check for Malware or Virus Attack – Brother Printer in Error State can also affect the user experience by unwanted malware or virus attacks as well. To resolve them users need to use the powerful antivirus programs and start the scan process if there are any viruses and malware affecting the user’s experience then it can be resolved easily.
Reconfigure Parallel Port Settings – Brother Printer in Error State can also be resolved by reconfiguring all the port settings again. Sometimes users update the window operating versions and it automatically changes the port settings which results in these kinds of errors. These can be resolved by following below listed steps:
- First of all, the user needs to head to the device manager.
- After that, they need to find out the parallel port option.
- Now, double click on the parallel port option and access the properties sheet.
- After that user need to sleet port setting tab
- Now select use an interruption assigned to the port option
In the end, click on ok and proceed for further required changes
Spooler Services Are Running Properly – Spooler services are required to transmit the printing task from desktop to printers. If there are any issues associated with the spooler services then users need definitely get the Brother Printer in Error State issues. To check whether spooler services are running without any hassle users need to follow these steps:
- First of all, users need to open the command box by pressing Windows + R key.
- After that in the command box, users need to type services.MSc and proceed further by click ok.
- Now users need to locate the printer spooler services.
- Now users need to make sure that services are turned on and set to automatic.
- If they are not set propyl change them as per your requirements.
- Select the recovery tab and change the first failure option to restart the device.
- Now click apply and Brother Printer in Error State is resolved. If these steps don’t work for you then the main issues ate associated with the printer drivers.
Update Or Reinstall The Brother Printer Drivers – Printer drivers play an essential role in connecting the printer and desktop. If they are not installed properly and corrupted then users face the Brother Printer in Error State issues:
- First of all, users need to uninstall the brother printer drivers and reinstall them again.
- Users need to open the control panel then search for the setup file.
- After that uninstall the drivers.
- Now download all the updated drivers from the official site or the disc by locating the download file. Click on the run and install them by following instructions appear to on the display.
If you don’t know how to perform above-listed steps and facing issues then you need to reach the brother printer, troubleshooting experts to know how to fix the Brother printer in error state problem